Monday, May 03, 2004

“Do not fear mistakes, there are none.” – Miles Davis

My children have discovered the classic movie “Chitty Chitty Bang Bang” with Dick Van Dyke. It has become one of their favorite movies to watch. They watch it so often that I’m no longer certain that DVDs that don’t wear out are such a good thing!

In the movie Dick Van Dyke’s character, an inventor, tries to create candy, but each batch of candy has holes in it. No one wants candy full of holes, until he realizes that the candy with holes make music and ‘toot sweets’ are born!

Several years ago, I accidentally sent one of my “For What Its Worth” messages to the wrong person. The unintended recipient loved it and wanted to be included on my list. In the end, my mistake gained me a friend.

I once heard a scientist say there are no failed experiments, just unexpected results. But he emphasized that there are no failed experiments.

Sounds to me like there are no mistakes…for what its worth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home