Tuesday, May 25, 2004

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” - Mark Twain

How many times have you heard someone (maybe even yourself?) say, “Someday I’m going to…” You can fill in the blank.

Getting started isn’t always easy. In fact, I think it’s the hardest part of any undertaking. I really believe it’s the getting started that stops most people.

In fact, I think the people who manage to really get ahead are the ones who find some way, anyway, of getting started. If you have ever driven a manual transmission vehicle, you may have had to give it a push start. To do this you get the car rolling with a push, slip the transmission into second gear, and then pop the clutch. It’s not pretty, but more importantly, it works and its kind of fun!

I’ve been involved in the process of push starting manual transmission vehicles more times than I can count. Although pushing a car is a lot of work, it’s kind of fun to be part of the process. I think the real reason I enjoy it, is because of the end result. Usually, everyone is smiling.

Maybe its because they were part of starting something…for what its worth





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home