Friday, July 02, 2004

A great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.
- Walter Bagehot


As I get older I’m supposed to be getting wiser. I’m not sure if I’m really getting wiser or not, but as my hair continues to fall out I am becoming more aerodynamic! I can tell you that as I get older I am becoming more convinced that impossible is a word that just shouldn’t exist in anyone’s vocabulary.

In fact, I have recently started forming the ludicrous idea that impossible is just a myth. I think the problem is that we have heard this myth so many times, from so many different sources, for so long that we have begun to accept as fact that some things are just impossible and cannot be done. You might think that I’m insane for thinking this, but I challenge you to listen to the way people talk to children. I have listened to dozens of well-intentioned people tell children what they cannot do. I'm not talking about telling a child what they should not do, but what they cannot do.

I would like to leave you with some very serious food for thought. I read this in a book once and I would like to share it with you,

“And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness.”

I don’t really think being made in the likeness of God has anything to do with having ten fingers and ten toes! I think it means we were given a soul, the ability to love, to hope, and to have faith. I think it means we all have a little divine spark in each one of us. Think about it!

For what its worth, when I think about it, I think that with such gifts nothing is impossible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home