Friday, October 01, 2004

“I found it easier to get rich than to make excuses.”

I don’t know who wrote this, but they are obviously the exception to the rule. Most of the people I have ever met are quite satisfied to make excuses. Personally, I have heard dozens of excuses throughout my life.

I bet you were expecting that number to be higher, weren’t you? Well the brutal truth is that there are a couple of really, really good excuses that people just can’t seem to get enough of. I’m not even going to bother to list them because I’m sure you already know most of them. To be perfectly honest, I have some pretty first-hand knowledge of some of those excuses myself.

But all of this makes me wonder why is it so easy to make excuses. I suspect it is because everywhere we go there are people making excuses. Our entire lives we hear people making excuses. We grow up hearing them and ultimately we begin to believe them and finally accept these excuses as fact. How different would the world be if we all found it easier to get rich than to make excuses?

For what its worth, how much different (or better) would your life be if you found anything easier than making excuses?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home